Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blitzkid – the end of an era

On February 12 at 6:12pm an announcement was made that shocked the Horror Punk scene: Blitzkid declared the end of the band in 2012. That is officially the end of an era. After nearly 16 years and 10 albums, T.B. Monstrosity and Argyle Goolsby put the Kid that slaughtered at the sock hop to rest. The Graveyard Greaser Gang wants to thank Blitzkid for an awesome time…


Looking back:  I remember when I first listened to a Blitzkid song. I downloaded their three songs on mp3.com (legally!) and listened to “My Dying Bride”.  Before the song was over, I was infected. From that moment on I was looking for more Blitzkid-stuff. Not that easy in a time without sharing-programs or social-media. So I wrote them an email, not expecting to ever get an answer. On the very next day, they had answered me. And not only that I soon held their their first two Cds in my hands, over the years a friendship grew. I’ve been able to see them live on stage several times, had good conversations and will treasure this time forever.

T.B Monstrosity and Argyle Goolsby

The music of Blitzkid was and will always be awesome. The band never stood still and tried new things on every album. This and the fact that they had an incredible performance on stage finally gave them the attention they deserved.  And after concert the guys were always available and talked to their fans. That’s definitely something not every band does nowadays. After “Let Flowers Die” it was clear that they’ll carry the torch of horrorpunk that the Misfits dropped in 1999. Their songs helped many people through hard times and were also played at countless parties. It brought friends and even couples together.
All in all they were and still are great musicians and damn nice people.   

Long Live The Horror! The Graveyard Greaser Gang will always be a part of the Corpse Corp!
Thank you guys…for awesome musick and even better memories. Hope to see you guys around from time to time. We wish you the best of luck for the future.

“You’ll always be in mind. In the midst of my evil sights...”

Yours,
Graveyard Greaser Gang 

No comments:

Post a Comment